Later in the day he had another successful surgery to place a filter that will prevent any blood clots from travelling through his system. He is still groggy from the pain medications, but we are delighted with his incredible improvement today.
It will be Rod's 27th birthday on Thursday and we would like to collect any messages or wishes for a birthday card. You can leave a message by commenting on the blog. If you look at the very bottom of the post that you are now reading, you will see the word "Comments" highlighted with a number. If you click there, you can add a comment to the post and communicate with others. I will collect your comments and make them into a card to give to him Thursday. If possible please try to post birthday wishes by 9:00am Thursday morning.
Thank you so much for your continued love and support.
Happy Happy Birthday to my favorite cousins Rod and Steffi! Rod I love you to pieces and have been heartbroken from the moment I have found out about your accident. I am beyond glad that you are doing better and better each day! You have been blessed in so many ways and don't ever forget it and take advantage of all the precious moments with your cute family. I know that you will get through this because you are so strong and amazing! I just wanted to let you know how much you mean to me and how much you have been there for me that you don't even know back in the day! I remember many of our talks on the phone when I lived in St. George and how those talks would get me through some tough nights! I hope to come and visit you soon and see your cute little boy and wife! Stay Strong Rod we all love you so very much and Happy 27th birthday you old fart!
ReplyDeleteDear Rod,
ReplyDeleteThe Manicki Family all wants you to know that we are thinking and praying for you. Today we would like to wish you a Happy 27th Birthday.
27 is truly a gift from Heaven.
We will continue to pray for you look forward to reading about your recovery.
Love,
Mike, Billie, Justin, Rachel & Ryan
27 - a gift from heaven.
Dear Rod:
ReplyDeleteWe wanted to wish you a happy birthday and let you know that we love you and are continually praying for you. You are one strong man! What a miracle you are. May the Lord pour out his blessings on you and your family that you may have a speedy recovery.
You have a beautiful family and much to live for.
With much love,
Brian and Leslie Carmack
Rod:
ReplyDeleteWe just wanted you to know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at thins time!!! Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, to a very special man, husband, father and son!!! May God bless you with a speedy recovery!!!
All our love!!
Jerry, Vicki Beckman and family
Hey Rod!
ReplyDeleteJustin and I want to wish you a happy birthday! We know you are strong and can make it through this! You're in our thoughts and prayers every day. We hope that you have a quick recovery so you can get back to Sara and cute little Jack. Happy 27th birthday!!
We love you!
Whitnee and Justin Murri
Rod-
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! I also posted a comment on your Facebook with more details but I wanted to make sure you got this message. Cody and I just want you to know that we are by your side and here for you. You are so strong and Heavenly Father will watch over you. You have always been a good friend. You have more people cheering for you then you will ever know. We love you so much and hope you can make the best of this birthday!
Love,
Cody and Nicole
Happy Birthday Rodney! I wish I lived closer to come visit you and to finally meet your cute baby boy, but hopefully we will see each other soon. You are loved by so many people, including me! Get better so we can listen to some Frank Sinatra.
ReplyDeleteAmy Mack (Peay)
Rod,
ReplyDeleteYou are traveling around the country without leaving Utah...Here in Kentucky, we have kept you and your sweet family in our prayers and continue to be amazed at the miracle of your success in recovering. You are an inspriation to all of us. On this special day, your 27th birthday, we send our love and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Give your little sister a Rodney smile and let her know we haven't forgotten it's her birthday too. A big Kudo's to you from your favorite Kentucky family...
Love,
Mark & Celeste
Happy 27th birthday Rod!
ReplyDeleteWe love you SO much! We're so grateful you're in our family. You've always been so kind and giving to us, we know your heart is pure gold. We hope on your 27th birthday, that you will know you're surrounded by many people who love you. You're in our prayers, even Lincoln's. He prays that your "ouchy will get better".
We are with you all the way!
Happy Birthday! (or as Lincoln would say "Happy Birthday funny guy!")
We love you!
Scott, Holly, Lincoln and Eliza
The Porter's and Mortensen's want you to how much we love you and are praying for your recovery. We know that it is the little things now, that make a huge difference in your life, each and every day. We hope and pray for you and Sara and Jack. You can do it, we believe in you.
ReplyDeleteLove Jeff and Marilyn and Kids
Want to wish you a happy birthday. We have been praying for you and want you to know that we send lots of love to you and your family. Don and Vicky johnson
ReplyDeleteThis isn't Jill --
ReplyDeleteHey Stick Boy:
Seriously, next time, let Sara drive. I am also going to resist dishing the abuse that is simply welling up inside of me about Glee. Okay, here is the deal. You get yourself upgright and I'll bring my trusty 40 year old boat down and we will go fishing, I'm serious. I'm thinking Strawberry, but if you are up to it we could give Henry's Lake a try. Last fall, I caught about 20 2lb.+ fish during one afternoon on Henry's. You have a whole army of folks pulling for you, including you grumpy Uncle John. We will be in Salt Lake on the 11th, so I'll be stopping by. I'm expecting more than some sissy fist bump. Take care young man. You are in my prayers. John
Rod,
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday! So glad that we have this blog so we can check up on you every day. We are praying for you up here in Boise and John is very serious about the fishing (he has retired) and has alot of time to spend fishing and hunting. As I recall the two of you have done some fishing adventures together and he would like to do nothing more than continue those adventures (then I won't have to go with him). Listen to the Doctors and I hope things go well with you. Keep smiling and again Happy Birthday!
Jill Peay
Happy Birthday Rod. Grandma and I are praying for you. We love you! Grandpa & Grandma Porter
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday rod! It has been so amazing seeing you improve over the last couple of days! I love you so much. I am so glad we have been such good friends throughout the years! You have done so much for me more than you will ever know. Thank you for everything! Love,
ReplyDeleteStef Jo