So I go into see Rod in the hospital like I have for the past 27 days. I go into his room and low and behold there was no one in Rod's room...not even Rod!! Now, that was a surprise! I begin to search the hallways for Rod, soon the nursing staff realized who I was searching for. They informed me that Rod was in a wheelchair going up and down the halls. I looked all over the 6th floor but I still couldn't find him.
Finally another nurse told me that Rod and Sara had gone down to the main floor to the coffee shop to see the people. I went down the elevator to the main floor and to my sheer pleasure I found Rod and Sara sitting in the main lobby area watching the people go by. It was an awesome sight (not the people but Rod and Sara).
We then walked through a number of hallways together and Rod liked to stop and look out the windows. I'm sure it was so good to finally get out of that bed and leave his hospital room.
Interestingly enough, Rod was disappointed that Rod was not able to lift himself off the bed and into the wheelchair without help. He always wants to push himself to accomplish more. What a day! He did great!
No comments:
Post a Comment